Skip to main content

Wishing



11:11 rolled around again.
Instead of wishing for love
or less confusion
or something for me,
like I'd normally do,
I wished for the kids.
I wished for the safety
and peace of mind
of those poor kids.
I wished for their
mental abuse to end,
for them to smile
like they used to.
I didn't even think
about including myself in that,
though I suffer the same problems.
My worries are strictly for them,
little kids who don't know how to survive.
I can take care for myself,
but they're so fragile- so innocent.
I wish I could go back to that,
but it's too late for me.
All I can do preserve theirs
and wish for them at every 11:11
and on every shooting star and dandelion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Grey

Why must people always have to be either good or bad? What if I was a good girl with bad tendencies or a bad girl who did good things? Must things always be placed in little boxes? What about those who do not fit into any box? What happens to them?

Turmoil of Lack of You

Do you remember that day the sun didn't shine, the birds didn't sing, And poison rained  from the sky? That was the day  you wouldn't talk to me. 

Slutty Grief

No matter how many guys i flirt with, talk to, or kiss you are always there in the back of my mind. I keep seeing your chocolate eyes, instead of the hazel ones I'm flirting with. I see your lips, rather than the ones I'm kissing. I see you no matter who I'm with. It's always you no matter who I convince myself I like- I love you. You're in my head, and I can't do anything about it. You're under my skin no matter how many times I deny it.