Skip to main content

And I'd Burn It Down Again




You built a house out of the bad thoughts rushing through your head and I tried to burn it down but you got caught in the flames. If it’s any consolation, I like the way you look with the tips of your hair singed off. I’m sorry your mother won’t.

Comments

  1. This one is depressing in a light hearted way. its one of my favorites by far. I love the innocent nature of the emotions and destruction from both pain and love. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams I Look Forward To

You were a dream  I could not forget. A dream that lingered in the back of my mind all day until I shut my eyes to sleep and re-lived the same dream once again- night after night. You are a dream that I don't want  to wake up from.

Last Summer

Do you remember last summer when we explored parts of the city  we grew up in but never saw? When we had picnics in the park looking for faeries under the mushrooms and danced in the suns rays, oblivious to the people watching? When we went swimming in the sweltering heat? The cold refreshing water and the smell on sunscreen. The snowcone battle that you won by pushing me into the pool. When we kissed goodbye on the roof of the tallest building in our city before leaving our separate way? Do you remember the tears and our embrace neither of us wanted to end? Do you remember  the salty lips and desperate eyes? Do you remember  how you promised to love me forever? Forever is over and done- ripped apart by your tongue. Makes me wonder how this summer will be. It'll be hard to compare to the adventures and love  of the one before.

The Silence of Two Heartbroken Lovers

The pain of silence between two former lovers who still love each other is heartbreaking. The physical ache they feel, wishing they could reach out to the other, but it's as if they are on either side of a deep ravine with a mile long gap between them,but with a shaky wooden bridge across. They are both afraid to cross, in fear of hurting themselves or the other. So they sit there staring sadly at their love. Occasionally, one of them will venture off to try to move on, but they always end up back at the bridge. The two former lovers know they need each other, but they don't want any more heartbreak. What they don't realize is the heartbreak they are causing the other person. They're hearts are so broken and damaged, even without this unnecessary heartbreak. They need each other to pull themselves up, to pull each other up. The silence is long and painful and stretches out beyond the bridge. Others, completely unrelated to the problem, can feel the pain and longing ju...