Skip to main content

Remembering Me


I forgot what it was like to be me. I've spent so much of my time trying to be what everyone else wanted, that I lost who I really was.

I want to remember the thrill of dancing on the roof and in the rain. I want to remember my camera always pointed, capturing the beauty of memories. I want to remember the elegant, truthful words that use to roll off my tongue and through my pen. I want to remember what love felt like, people loving me and me loving others. I want to remember true friends I could talk to without judgment. I want to remember family under the saying Ohana. 
I want to remember the real me.


No, I don't just want to remember it all, 
I want to experience it all again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Grey

Why must people always have to be either good or bad? What if I was a good girl with bad tendencies or a bad girl who did good things? Must things always be placed in little boxes? What about those who do not fit into any box? What happens to them?

My Late Confession

Maybe you light up my day.  Maybe you make me smile through the darkness in my head.  Maybe you make my stone cold heart beat again.  Maybe you woke up the butterflies in my stomach and make them dance every time you touch me.  Maybe I like you a hell of a lot more than I've let on but maybe I'm afraid to be close.  Maybe it's because I'm afraid to lose you. 

Surviving Without You

I'll sob and cry my heart out, drowning my sorrows in a gallon of ice-cream. But then I'll stand back up, wipe the tears from my face, put a bandaid over my heart, and move on with my life. You won't be the death of me, because you're not that special. I'll be okay without you.