Skip to main content

His Ghost




Out of the corner of my eye, a guy appears wearing
a plaid shirt and ear buds
stuck in his ears, oblivious to the world.
My heart skips a beat as I quickly turn, thinking it's my love. Disappointedly, my heart sinks once again as I realize sadly, no, it was only someone who looks vaguely similar to him.
Now back to scanning the crowds for him,
as if the brief bit of false hope didn't cut me deep.

I must really miss him
to see him in random people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Grey

Why must people always have to be either good or bad? What if I was a good girl with bad tendencies or a bad girl who did good things? Must things always be placed in little boxes? What about those who do not fit into any box? What happens to them?

My Late Confession

Maybe you light up my day.  Maybe you make me smile through the darkness in my head.  Maybe you make my stone cold heart beat again.  Maybe you woke up the butterflies in my stomach and make them dance every time you touch me.  Maybe I like you a hell of a lot more than I've let on but maybe I'm afraid to be close.  Maybe it's because I'm afraid to lose you. 

Feelings

Feelings are evil...Can I have mine surgically removed?