Skip to main content

Your Mask


The pretty parts are great
and the masks you wear
to face the public are amazing,
but I'm not here to just see you
as the person you use to hide yourself in.

I'm here to find the you that hides.
I'm here through your ups and downs,
through your meltdowns and family pain,
through your I-wish-I-were-dead days.

I'm here to see the beauty in your flaws
and all the perfections in your imperfections.

Open up and let me help shoulder your sorrow.
You can trust I won't leave after,
for I'm not one for goodbyes.

The pretty parts may be just that-pretty,
but nothing compares to the amazing person
the real you is.

I love you,
not the mask you wear,
the real you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Grey

Why must people always have to be either good or bad? What if I was a good girl with bad tendencies or a bad girl who did good things? Must things always be placed in little boxes? What about those who do not fit into any box? What happens to them?

My Late Confession

Maybe you light up my day.  Maybe you make me smile through the darkness in my head.  Maybe you make my stone cold heart beat again.  Maybe you woke up the butterflies in my stomach and make them dance every time you touch me.  Maybe I like you a hell of a lot more than I've let on but maybe I'm afraid to be close.  Maybe it's because I'm afraid to lose you. 

Feelings

Feelings are evil...Can I have mine surgically removed?