Skip to main content

Dream of Love Lost


His arms wrap around a girl's waist. 
They smile brightly at each other. 
He bends down and presses his dark, full lips 
to her pale ones. 
Happiness exudes from them as they embrace.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up in a cold sweat. 
The same dream, days in a row. 
I can't get him out of my head, I miss him so much. 
I roll over into the arms of a guy I vaguely know. 
He's still sleeping, his bare chest peeking out from the sheets.

I get up quietly and grab my clothes. I dress and walk out into the cold wind. 
The sweat on my skin from tonight's activities, 
chilling me even more so with the wind. 

The moon is out and full. 
I think about him and if he's asleep with the girl he loves. 
I hope he is. 

At least, then, he's happy. 
One of us deserves to be, 
even if it's not me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Summer

Do you remember last summer when we explored parts of the city  we grew up in but never saw? When we had picnics in the park looking for faeries under the mushrooms and danced in the suns rays, oblivious to the people watching? When we went swimming in the sweltering heat? The cold refreshing water and the smell on sunscreen. The snowcone battle that you won by pushing me into the pool. When we kissed goodbye on the roof of the tallest building in our city before leaving our separate way? Do you remember the tears and our embrace neither of us wanted to end? Do you remember  the salty lips and desperate eyes? Do you remember  how you promised to love me forever? Forever is over and done- ripped apart by your tongue. Makes me wonder how this summer will be. It'll be hard to compare to the adventures and love  of the one before.

The Silence of Two Heartbroken Lovers

The pain of silence between two former lovers who still love each other is heartbreaking. The physical ache they feel, wishing they could reach out to the other, but it's as if they are on either side of a deep ravine with a mile long gap between them,but with a shaky wooden bridge across. They are both afraid to cross, in fear of hurting themselves or the other. So they sit there staring sadly at their love. Occasionally, one of them will venture off to try to move on, but they always end up back at the bridge. The two former lovers know they need each other, but they don't want any more heartbreak. What they don't realize is the heartbreak they are causing the other person. They're hearts are so broken and damaged, even without this unnecessary heartbreak. They need each other to pull themselves up, to pull each other up. The silence is long and painful and stretches out beyond the bridge. Others, completely unrelated to the problem, can feel the pain and longing ju...

Chaotic Coordination

Smell of smoke mixed with lavender- Tears marked her face, but a smile graced her lips. Messy hair and a formal dress to class. Nothing ever made sense about this girl, but that's what people loved about her. The unpredictability- the chaos. Until she revealed how unstable her mind was, then they all ran.                    -mind and appearance matched...   how shocking...