Skip to main content

Dream of Love Lost


His arms wrap around a girl's waist. 
They smile brightly at each other. 
He bends down and presses his dark, full lips 
to her pale ones. 
Happiness exudes from them as they embrace.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up in a cold sweat. 
The same dream, days in a row. 
I can't get him out of my head, I miss him so much. 
I roll over into the arms of a guy I vaguely know. 
He's still sleeping, his bare chest peeking out from the sheets.

I get up quietly and grab my clothes. I dress and walk out into the cold wind. 
The sweat on my skin from tonight's activities, 
chilling me even more so with the wind. 

The moon is out and full. 
I think about him and if he's asleep with the girl he loves. 
I hope he is. 

At least, then, he's happy. 
One of us deserves to be, 
even if it's not me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Grey

Why must people always have to be either good or bad? What if I was a good girl with bad tendencies or a bad girl who did good things? Must things always be placed in little boxes? What about those who do not fit into any box? What happens to them?

Turmoil of Lack of You

Do you remember that day the sun didn't shine, the birds didn't sing, And poison rained  from the sky? That was the day  you wouldn't talk to me. 

And I'd Burn It Down Again

You built a house out of the bad thoughts rushing through your head and I tried to burn it down but you got caught in the flames. If it’s any consolation, I like the way you look with the tips of your hair singed off. I’m sorry your mother won’t.