Skip to main content

The Cute-Awkward Dates



Our sweaty palms
hold each others tightly,
while my converse
stick to the soda and
butter-covered floor.

I think I can hear
your heart racing,
I wonder if you can hear mine
racing in my chest.

My mind races
and my heart picks up speed
when you glance at me.

Though an action film
plays in front of us,
I can't keep my eyes off of you

and the way your eyes look
as they'd dart around the screen,
absorbing every detail.

You glance at me
every once in a while,
as if checking to make sure
I was still there.

A small smile
colors your face
when I'm still there.

We both reach
into the popcorn bucket
at the same time,
our fingers brushing

causing our simultaneous blushes
and burst of giggles
at the cliche,
as we're shushed by the lady
behind us.

Every date feels like the first with you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Grey

Why must people always have to be either good or bad? What if I was a good girl with bad tendencies or a bad girl who did good things? Must things always be placed in little boxes? What about those who do not fit into any box? What happens to them?

Turmoil of Lack of You

Do you remember that day the sun didn't shine, the birds didn't sing, And poison rained  from the sky? That was the day  you wouldn't talk to me. 

And I'd Burn It Down Again

You built a house out of the bad thoughts rushing through your head and I tried to burn it down but you got caught in the flames. If it’s any consolation, I like the way you look with the tips of your hair singed off. I’m sorry your mother won’t.